Harrogate hoodoo continues for Bluebirds.

Harrogate Town 2-1 Barrow AFC Attendance: 1,564

Barrow AFC’s poor record against Harrogate Town continued, after the Yorkshire side came from behind to beat Mark Cooper’s men at The EnviroVent Stadium.

Barrow, who remained unchanged from the midweek draw against Exeter City, took time to find their feet following a lengthy interruption caused by an injury to Lewis Page and could have fallen behind when Danilo Orsi forced a stop from Paul Farman.

Despite their sluggish start, it was the Bluebirds who went ahead, when Offrande Zanzala stuck out a leg to turn in Patrick Brough’s dangerous cross, following hard work from Josh Gordon, on 17 minutes.

The Barrow goal startled the hosts, and they could have fallen further behind in embarrassing fashion, had Gordon’s interception of an errant back-pass from Rory McArdle dropped the right side of goal.

Harrogate came even closer at the other end, when Luke Armstrong’s fierce effort was arrowing towards the top corner, only to be denied by a marvellous flying save from Farman.

Half-chances came and went for both sides before half-time, with Gordon and Ollie Banks having glimpses of goal for the Bluebirds, before Connor Hall almost equalised for the home side just before the whistle.

The second half began with two good chances for the visitors to double their lead, with Brough having a decent effort deflected over the bar, before Josh Kay wasted a fine opportunity; clipping his shot wide of goal after finding himself one-on-one with Mark Oxley.

Barrow were made to rue their missed chances on 60 minutes, however, when Armstrong’s blocked cross fell kindly for Alex Pattison, whose heavily deflected shot wrong-footed Farman to level the scores.

Substitute, George Williams, almost put Barrow back in front just a short time after coming on, but his impressive volley was met by an equally impressive save from Oxley, before the Town keeper also saved from Luke James.

It was Harrogate who would snatch a winner against the tiring Barrow, however, and Pattison completed his brace nine minutes from time; finishing low past Farman after Joe Grayson was robbed of the ball in a precarious position.

It was almost 3-1 in the dying embers, but Farman was quick off his line to snuff out the danger as Aaron Martin threatened on the break after Barrow tried for an equaliser in vain.

Harrogate Town (4-4-2): Oxley; Burrell, McArdle, Hall, Page (Fallowfield 11); Thomson, Pattison, Falkingham, Muldoon; Orsi (Kerry 58), Armstrong (Martin 87). Subs not used: Smith, Cracknell, Sheron.

Barrow AFC (3-5-2): Farman; Brown, Ellis, Grayson (Arthur 90); Hutton, Banks, White (Williams 68), Kay (James 76), Brough; Gordon, Zanzala (Ntlhe 58). Subs not used: Moloney, J.Jones, Taylor.

Written By
Andrew Steel

Andrew Steel

Barrow AFC Correspondent

Share this article

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Latest Articles

Scroll to Top